Today I am writing on ” Top 15 Best Free Data Recovery Software of 2018 ” which is completely free. Why I am writing on this topic ? Because last week I faced this problem on my system and I was searching a lot of such software. Data Recovery Software will help us to recover data which accidentally deleted or formatted , and generally we don’t take backups also. Using below mentioned Best Free Data Recovery Software you can easily recover your lost data any time. So lets start Top And Best Free Data Recovery Software.
Top 15 Best Free Data Recovery Software of 2018
- Superior file recovery
- Advanced deep scan mode
- Secure overwrite feature that uses industry & military standard deletion techniques and,
- Ability to recover files from damaged or newly formatted files
- Easy User interface
- Preview screen before final recovery
- Free/Inexpensive data recovery software
- Works both on FAT and NTFS systems
Supported Platforms: Recuva data recovery software for PC can be used on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
- Allows users to recover/rebuild the boot sector
- Fix or recover deleted partition table besides being able to reliably undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 file systems.
- Available on all major platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X etc and is in fact quite popular as it can be found on various Linux Live CD’s.
Supported Platforms: TestDisk can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, macOS, and DOS.
3. Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery
- Risk-free program recovers data from different types of storage devices like memory cards, smartphones, USB drives, hard disks etc.
- Using Stellar Data Recovery program is simple. Just download it, start the scan, and you are able to recover from the past data disasters.
- Full of advanced features and fast drive file recovery
- Suitable for beginners and non-technical users
- In-app preview of files available before making the final recovery attempt; also called Try before Buy feature
Supported Platforms: Revuca recovery program can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and, macOS.
4. Undelete 360
- Works on a variety of devices such as Digital cameras, memory cards, smartphones, computer hard drives, USBs etc.
- It includes a data-wiping tool, a Hex Viewer along with the ability to preview files before recovery.
- Does a great job in recovering recently deleted files as compared to other free data recovery software
- Also able to recover files of a wide variety of types such as DOC, HTML, AVI, MP3, JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
Supported Platforms: Undelete 360 can run on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
- Compatible with almost all major platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X etc.
- Comes packed with the ability to recover more than 440 different file formats.
- Features such as the ‘unformat function’ and the ability to add your own custom file types do come in handy.
- This photo recovery software supports lots of file systems, including FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ext2/ext3/ext4 and HFS+.
Supported Platforms: PhotoRec recovery program can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, & older versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, DOS, macOS.
6. Pandora Recovery
- Ability to recover deleted files from NTFS and FAT-formatted volumes
- Preview deleted files of certain types (image and text files) without performing recovery
- With surface scan (which allows you to recover data from drives that have been formatted) and the ability to recover archived, hidden, encrypted and compressed files, it packs quite a punch.
- Its interface is very easy to get a hang of and provides an explorer-like view along with color coded and recovery percentage indicators.
Supported Platforms: Pandora data recovery can run on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
7. MiniTool Partition Recovery
- An easy wizard-based interface
- Specialized in data recovery on an entire partition
- Point MiniTool Partition Recovery tool at the problematic drive and it will scan for the missing partition
- Generates a recovery report which will let you know what the program has found to help you in data recovery
- Can’t use data recovery on a bootable disc here.
Supported Platforms: MiniTool Partition Recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
8. Wise Data Recovery
- Easy and an intuitive interface
- Can recover deleted files from local drives, USB drives, cameras, memory cards, removable media devices etc.
- Faster search filter by selecting inbuilt file extension groups using the file’s type.
- Compatible from Windows XP to Windows 8.
Supported Platforms: Wise data recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
9. Puran File Recovery
- Default Quick Scan (It simply reads the FAT or NTFS file system for deleted files from the recycle bin etc.)
- Deep Scan (includes scanning all available free space) and,
- Full Scan (checks all space on the device for the best chance of recovery)
- Works from Windows XP to Windows 8
Supported Platforms: Puran file recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
10. PC Inspector File recovery
- Simple search dialog can help locate files by name.
- Recovered files can be restored to a local hard disk or network drives.
- Can recover image and video of several types of files in different formats such as ARJ, AVI, BMP, DOC, DXF, XLS, EXE, GIF, HLP, HTML, JPG, LZH, MID, MOV, MP3, PDF, PNG, RTF, TAR, TIF, WAV and ZIP.
- Can scan just specific areas of the disc with the Cluster scanner
- Works perfectly from Windows XP to Windows 7
Supported Platforms: PC Inspector file recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
- Very simple and easy to use
- No confusing and no cryptic buttons or any complicated file recovery procedures
- It can recover data and files from hard drives, memory cards, USB drives, and other external drives as well.
- Does not need to be installed and can run data recovery from a USB drive.
Supported Platforms: Restoration runs on Windows Vista, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, and 95 and also, successfully tested Windows 7 and Windows 10. Sometimes, runs into a problem with Windows 8
- It is portable.
- Supports deep scan. It literally squeezed the flash drive for any sort of deleted data.
- Can save logs to avoid rescan at the later stage.
- Detailed information about the device from which data is to be recovered.
- Doesn’t display original folder names but displays original file names.
- File search option available.
- Multiple filters available.
- Copy sector option to create disk image files.
- Tool to construct RAID.
13. Glary Undelete
- Quick file scan with Folder and File Types view options.
- Multiple filter options include date, time, file type, file size, etc.
- Preview option available.
- Multiple language options.
- Supports various Windows versions including Windows 10.
- Includes search bar.
- Shows recovery status – Good, Poor, Overwritten, etc – in the scan result
- Does not show original folder names.
- Tries to install companion software from the vendor.
14. Disk Drill
- Displays literally all the storage present on your machine, even the unallocated space.
- Displays scanned data in All files, Pictures, Video, Documents, Archives options.
- Allows filtering of scanned files by files and date.
- Includes search bar.
- Can save the recovery session for later use.
- Can recover data in the form of a disk image (ISO).
- Preview option available.
- Deep scan mode available.
- Retains original folder names.
- Restart required after installation.
- Scan time more than average.
- Only 500 MB space can be recovered in the free version. It is the biggest disadvantage.
15. SoftPerfect File Recovery
- Set up size is just 0.5MB.
- Easy to use.
- Includes search bar.
- Can’t recover corrupted or overwritten files.
- Preview not available.
- Multiple languages available.
- Doesn’t show the health of the files to be recovered.
- Doesn’t allow restoration of recovered files on the same disk. Better run it from a flash drive.
I have added all the best and Top 15 Free Data Recovery Software of 2018 , I hope you will like it. Please let me know if you want me add information in this article…