This is my super list of tools and resources that I regularly use to boost my websites and increase my online income which I know you’ll find useful for your own digital mareting business.
There’s everything from Must have WordPress plugins to best email marketing tools, best content creation, traffic generation and more.
A FREE tool that has multiple essential features for niche marketers including adding social share buttons to posts, content analytics and heat maps so you know what your visitors are doing on your website and more. Essential for every niche marketer.
No more sites being down. Less risk of being hacked. Faster loading times. Daily back ups. Win win for me and my audience.
My domain register of choice. Like the name says, they are cheap but also reliable. If you’re going to register a domain name, go with Namecheap.
Genesis Generate Theme
For years I always used Genesis Generate WordPress theme on a variety of sites. Looks great and does the trick. Very easy to use too and very SEO friendly.
WordPress (Self Hosted)
WordPress.org is what you need for your site. Avoid going for a blogspot, or a shared website as you want to stay in control of your website otherwise you could lose all your work without any warnings. So stick with self hosted (WordPress).
The #1 autoresponder and email marketing platform for internet marketers.
>Get a $1 Aweber trial for 30 days by clicking here.
Theme Forest Themes
Theme Forest themes are extremely popular and you can’t go wrong with them. Check them out and choose one that suits you.
OptinMonster [ESSENTIAL TOOL]
Incredible entry and exit pop up plugin that knows when your visitors are about to exit your site and instead captures their email.
Hosting & Domains
- Hostgator – Host unlimited site for less than $10 p/m.
- WPEngine [RECOMMENDED] – No more sites being down. Less risk of being hacked. Faster loading times. Daily back ups. Win win for me and my audience. At time of writing I used coupon code ‘ARTOFBLOG’ to get $25 off the price for the first 6 months – try it.
- Namecheap – Cheap domain names and great customer service.
- Genesis Generate – One of the best premium blogging themes on the net and one I use on a lot of my websites. It’s powerful, easy to use and it looks fantastic.
- SumoMe [RECOMMENDED] – A FREE tool that has multiple essential features for niche marketers including adding social share buttons to posts, content analytics and heat maps so you know what your visitors are doing on your website and more. Essential for every niche marketer.
- Contact Form 7 – Simple contact forms to add to your site.
- Google Analytics – Track your traffic and split test pages.
- Google Sitemaps – So Google can crawl your site and index it.
Email Marketing & List Building
- Aweber – the #1 autoresponder for internet marketers and you can get a $1 trial for 30 days by clicking here.
- OptinMonster – incredible entry and exit pop up plugin that knows when your visitors are about to exit your site and instead captures their email. [ESSENTIAL TOOL]
- SumoMe [RECOMMENDED] – A FREE tool that that allows you build a responsive email list fast. Unlike other free tools this one actually works.
- Amazon Associates – the biggest online retailer in the worlds affiliate program. Pays 4-9% commission and converts like crazy.
- Ebay Partner Network – Ebays affiliate program. Also converts extremely well.
- Clickbank – The #1 digital product marketplace. Up to 75% commission payouts on products.
- JVZoo – Smaller digital goods market place that offers up to 100% commissions.
- ShareASale – Huge affiliate network with everything from global brands to niche boutique retailers in the online and offline world.
- Commission Junction – similar to above. Represent thousands of real world companies and online retailers.
- LinkShare – similar to CJ and ShareASale.
Semrush is an industry-leading SEO backlink checker and competitor research tools — You can find out more about Semrush and sign up to a free 14-day trial of the full product here.
Moz’s Beginner’s Guide to SEO
Moz is one of the leading websites about search engine optimisation and provides a range of free and paid-for SEO tools as well as resources about the topic.
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider crawls your website’s URLs and analyses your onsite SEO. You can download it for free, or purchase a licence for additional advanced features.
Ahrefs (trial available):
The fully featured site audit tool will automatically scan your site for problems every week and sends weekly reports direct to your inbox.
LongTailPro (free trial available)
For a long time this was the best desktop based keyword tool and they recently moved it to the cloud to make it easy to do keyword research no matter where you are.
GSA Search Engine Ranker
Supports over 100 platforms, scrapes targets, posts to them, verifys emails and checks the links are live all in one tool but you must pay close attention to quality and relevancy.
I’ve tried tons of providers in the past but now I only use the semi dedicated ones from BuyProxies which never seem to be banned from anywhere and are blazing fast.
All of the email subscription pop ups, forms and light boxes that you see on the blog are created with Thrive leads. It’s got some really advanced targeting options but most importantly it makes split testing really easy.
All of my affiliate links are managed through Thirsty Affiliates. It has a ton of advanced features and makes it easy to stay on top of the hundreds of affiliate links that I’m managing.
This is the tool that I use to build beautiful landing pages