How To Complete The Twisted Firestarter Quest In The Witcher 3 – At the beginning of his journeys in The Witcher 3, Geralt can do a quick side mission called “Twisted Firestarter.” It functions as both an introduction to the game’s features and an instantly enjoyable experience on its own, similar to much of White Orchard’s content.
Even though Willis has had more than his fair share of abuse from the other residents of the village, it might be an understatement to say that things have heated up now that someone has set fire to his forge. Here are the challenges you will encounter along the route if you want Geralt to step in.
THE WITCHER 3: SHOULD YOU GIVE THE POTION TO TOMIRA IN THE WITCHER 3, ON DEATH’S BED SIDE QUEST WALKTHROUGH
This article has been updated to include more details on the quest, as well as its results and benefits.
Tracking The Arsonist – How To Complete The Twisted Firestarter Quest In The Witcher 3
Start of quest: Willis’ burned forge is on the left as you head toward the outside reaches of town from the Woesong Bridge. Alternatively, this ought to appear on the noticeboard at White Orchard. From there, follow our step-by-step instructions below to finish the quest.
Around the time when you assume the arsonist encountered them, you may or may not come across a quartet of drowners. If it’s daylight, you won’t engage in combat because they won’t be present to surprise Geralt. If it’s dark, you will.
THE WITCHER 3: HOW TO MAKE AND WHERE TO FIND ALL GRIFFIN SCHOOL DIAGRAMS
- Use Geralt’s Witcher senses to detect a series of human footprints behind the structure after chatting with Willis.
- To reach the banks next to the Woesong Bridge, follow the railroads. (On the way, Geralt can check out a bottle of alcohol.)
- If you look at the footprints close to the boat, you can tell that the arsonist took off his boots and waded through the water to hide his tracks.
- Look for further tracks on the same bank further upstream as you continue beneath the bridge. Where the footprints recur, you’ll see the arsonist’s boots laying there.
- The arsonist got into a fight with some drowners but managed to escape with only minor injuries, according to an examination of the scene.
- Back in the settlement, continue following the tracks until you come to a home.
- The house is filled with helpful early-game stuff, so take some time to develop good looting habits and prepare yourself for successful adventuring throughout the duration of the game.
- The wounded arsonist will be located by Geralt in a chamber in the building’s basement.
THE WITCHER 3: WHERE TO FIND ALL BEAR SCHOOL DIAGRAMS, HOW TO MAKE ALL BEAR SCHOOL GEAR IN THE WITCHER 3
Dialogue Choices And Outcomes – How To Complete The Twisted Firestarter Quest In The Witcher 3
The witcher will have two choices after the arsonist Napp tries to pay Geralt to let him go free.
|1. “No chance. You’re coming with me.”||This option requires Geralt to make a second decision, as Napp will not go willingly.
|2. “Fine – but no more arson.”||If Geralt agrees to let Napp off the hook, the vandal will pay the Witcher off with 20 Crowns, but this way, Geralt forfeits the additional XP and the increased XP from turning Napp in, and Geralt needs all the XP he can get at this stage in the game.|
THE WITCHER 3: WHERE TO FIND ALL CAT SCHOOL DIAGRAMS, HOW TO MAKE ALL CAT SCHOOL GEAR IN THE WITCHER 3
No matter how he manages to subdue Napp, if Geralt chooses to hand him over to Willis, he will have to accompany the arsonist back to the forge.
However, Geralt can still start the sequence with Willis even if Napp is still making his way to the forge. You can adjust Geralt’s walking speed to keep up with the confused and/or injured arsonist since he staggers very slowly.
Should You Turn In The Arsonist Or Let Him Go? – How To Complete The Twisted Firestarter Quest In The Witcher 3
Willis will give Geralt a discount in the shop if he turns in the arsonist by handing him over to the Nilfgaardians at the forge. It is presumed that the arsonist will be executed by hanging immediately. If you check in with the blacksmith again after the mission, the hanging of one of their own will turn the locals against Willis, and Geralt will advise him to leave town if the dwarf loses the soldiers’ protection.
THE WITCHER 3: WHERE TO FIND ALL WOLF SCHOOL DIAGRAMS, HOW TO MAKE ALL WOLF SCHOOL GEAR IN THE WITCHER 3
Willis’ post-dialogue is the same, and the blacksmith will still be at odds with the locals even if Geralt accepted the money and freed Napp. The only two differences are needing to pay full price at Willis’ shop and receiving a lower XP reward.
We can’t advise doing business with Willis because he is a high-priced con artist to begin with, discount or not. A common mistake early in the game that many players do is buying from or selling to Willis. However, if you have to trade certain resources with Willis, completing the “Twisted Firestarter” quest successfully will make those transactions a little bit more fair.
THE WITCHER 3: HOW TO COMPLETE FOLLOWING THE THREAD IN THE WITCHER 3, FOLLOWING THE THREAD SIDE QUEST WALKTHROUGH