Even the best managers in the world find
employee scheduling a challenging task, for a modern enterprise is it posing a
huge challenge. Often, the manager dealing with this will have to consider a
lot of factors while making the schedule which includes checking the timetable,
availability, schedules, special requests and much more.
With many companies still using a
spreadsheet as the way to manage it, many supervisors spend days creating and
editing it. To overcome this there is a need for automated scheduling which will meet the demands of the
business by being transparent and flexible. It adds value to the business
and to the employees.
Why Manual Scheduling is not Useful?
If a supervisor has to manually schedule
a shift there has to be:
- Knowledge about employee availability and other data points so that shifts can be assigned effectively.
- The best of the schedulers can make mistakes if it is a manual assignment and resolving this can lead to conflicts that can result in loss of productivity.
- Since in the manual scheduling the employees do not participate in the process, if a shift is assigned at the last minute, it can lead to missed shifts as the employee has not noticed the changed.
- Manual scheduling also leads to increased labor costs as most of the time chances are that staff works overtime without any business needs.
- It is also difficult to track the time and to keep attendance records especially if it is a large enterprise.
- The company is at risk as records inconsistencies can lead to a penalty for labor law violations that leads to financial losses.
- Employees are also troubled by the manual scheduling process as they have to face more overtime to cover a shift that does not have enough staff.
- Overwork can lead to stress or lead to disservice that results in a drop in productivity.
- When there is a lack of communication and irregular shifts it can lead to improper work-life balance.
To overcome all the above-mentioned
issues there is a need for a specialized tool that will automate the entire
scheduling process. it also takes care of keeping track of work hours,
attendance, employees’ preferences, and much more. Additionally, you can streamline your scheduling with this tool as it also helps in keeping the labor costs in check because it
provides effective scheduling through the use of historical data. Moreover, it
is also easy to make employee schedules their time effectively with this tool.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while using it.
Who’s in your team: To create an effective schedule it is essential for the scheduler to
know who is working for the team. Make a list of the employees with their
names, their skills, role, certifications and their contact information so that
you can make appropriate schedules. Another handy information to have is where
there are any special requests made by the employee or has any restrictions on
Ensure schedule accessibility: Traditionally employee schedules are put up on bulletin boards or copies
were circulated for employees but there is a likelihood of it being unnoticed
or copies lost. Due to this the staff either show up late or not show up at all
due to confusion. But when there is an automated tool in place for scheduling all this is unlikely to happen as it is viewed and accessed from
anywhere. These tools not only send notifications to staff it can be viewed
from the device of their choice from anywhere and at any time. Also, automating
such tasks can result in the optimization of labor.
It can schedule as per skills: After knowing your team and their skill and experience you can input
that data into the tool which will then take care of putting the right people
at the right job. It ensures that all employees are allocated to work equally
with no one overworked or underworked. That will be highly beneficial to the
company as the work is not just completed but done perfectly as it is done by
the best people. Since the tool also takes care of scheduling based on
preferences and skills employees are also happy to work and give their
Employee schedules need not be a major
headache for managers any more as there are many software solutions that can
easily and effectively do it. These tools offer hassle-free and error-free
schedules that cover all the bases leaving the managers to do more productive
Hi, I'm Shahnawaz.
[Video Course] How To Make Money With Amazon Affiliate Niche Sites 2020
By signing up you agree to our terms