How To Fix Warzone 2 & MW2 Puget Altus Error, Connection Failed Unable to access online services Solution – The Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer has been released after a lengthy early access period. If you can get over the game’s initial problems, like crashing, the game is fantastic. The game is now experiencing a lot of issues, although this was to be expected given how widely it was released. In the upcoming days, hopefully, the developers will work out these problems. The Puget-Altus error, which was present in the beta, has been carried over to the official launch. Fortunately, if the problem is on your end, there are various changes you may implement to repair it. But keep in mind that the game recently went live, thus the true problem might be with the servers. “Connection Failed: Unable to Access Online Services” [Reason: PUGET – ALTUS] is the error message that appears. Are you experiencing the same Modern Warfare 2 issue message and want to repair it? Look at this manual.
I kept getting error PUGET – ALTUS for about two weeks and it kept failing to “download player data from Platform” I uninstall the game and now I can’t re-install. Now it just loads “Please wait” forever. What is happening??? @Activision @InfinityWard #mw2 #ModernWarfareII pic.twitter.com/t0tljlN6xI
— noah (@pullenski) January 9, 2023
How To Fix Puget Altus Error, Connection Failed Unable to access online services For Warzone 2 & MW2
You are not the only one who is experiencing a PUGET – ALTUS connection failed error in MW2, so don’t get alarmed. The identical error message is also being experienced by numerous other players. Many players are interested in finding a solution to this unpleasant problem. There isn’t a solution that can solve this problem completely, however there are various workarounds you can try.
1. Restart your gaming console.
Try power-cycling your console first by unplugging it, holding the power button down for 10 seconds, then waiting around 2 minutes before turning it back on. Check to check whether the problem still exists after trying to launch the game.
2. VERIFY THE SERVERS’ STATUS
The Puget-Altus error in Modern Warfare 2 might potentially result from a problem with the servers. Therefore, it’s worthwhile to verify if the servers are down if you experience a connection issue. For user reports, visit Downdetector or the game’s official Twitter account.
3. Restart or reset your modem or internet router.
An error could also result from a problem with the internet connection. Simply unplug your router, wait two to three minutes, and then connect it back in to restart it. The modem or router will be reset, and the cache will be cleared. If it doesn’t work, try using the button on the back of the router to reset it.
4. Utilize a mobile hotspot.
You can experience the Puget-Altus problem if your ISP is having trouble connecting to the COD servers. In this case, consider using a different ISP or mobile data to play the game online. You can return to your original ISP after entering the game.
5. Modify MTU settings (PS5)
The MTU settings on both have a significant impact on how fast the internet will be. It’s conceivable that you don’t have the appropriate option or value, which would result in Modern Warfare 2 Error Puget-Altus. This technique was tested with Vanguard, and it was successful in resolving server connection issues. You can follow these methods for PS5.
- Modify the PS5’s MTU settings.
- To access the Settings, click the Gear symbol.
- Navigate to Network > Settings. While you’re there, we recommend visiting Connection Status and running a Test Internet Connection. Many connectivity problems can be solved with a quick test.)
- Choose Establish Internet Connection.
- Select Advanced Settings from your registered network by clicking there.
- Set Manual under MTU Settings by descending.
- Set the value to 1473 by going to MTU.
6. Modify your DNS servers.
Both consoles and PCs support this. Our experience has shown that Google’s server is the best for gaming. The servers are 188.8.131.52 (main) and 184.108.40.206 (secondary). You can follow the instructions listed below.
- Press the Guide button on your Xbox to access All Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual. Restart the console after entering the Google DNS addresses 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 in both the primary and secondary columns.
- Toggle Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in Properties by right-clicking the network and choosing it from the list of options in Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options. Fill out the Google DNS 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 using the following DNS server addresses: Restart the computer.
- To set up an internet connection on a PS5, go to Settings > Network > Settings. Configure Manually > LAN or Wi-Fi > DNS Settings > Put 188.8.131.52 in the Primary DNS field. Secondary DNS should be 184.108.40.206.
7. ELIMINATE SAVED DATA FOR MODERN WARFARE 2
Try deleting the MW2 save data from the PS5 settings if the error persists after attempting the aforementioned repair. The settings of the game will be affected by deleting the stored data, but as everything is saved on the servers, there shouldn’t be much of a problem.
8. INSTALL THE GAME AGAIN
If none of the aforementioned approaches work for you, you can try uninstalling the game and installing a new copy of it. The game is still in the pre-launch stage, thus when the developers address the problem on their end, the issue will automatically be resolved.
9. Speak with the Action Support Team.
The last resort is to contact the Activision customer service team, who will help you further if the issue notice persists even after trying all of these solutions.
We currently have no further solutions to the Modern Warfare 2 Beta connection failed Puget-Altus problem. One of these approaches ought to resolve the error, hopefully.
Warzone 2 & MW2 Puget Altus Error, Connection Failed Unable to access online services FAQS
Q: What are the initial issues with Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer?
A: The game has a lot of problems at launch, such as crashing and the Puget-Altus error.
Q: What is the Puget-Altus error in Modern Warfare 2?
A: The Puget-Altus error is an error message that reads "Connection Failed: Unable to access online services" [Reason: PUGET – ALTUS].
Q: Are there any fixes for the Puget-Altus error in Modern Warfare 2?
A: There are several workarounds that players can try, such as power-cycling their console, checking the status of the servers, restarting or resetting their internet router or modem, using a mobile hotspot, changing the MTU settings on PS5, and changing the DNS servers.
Q: What is the reason behind the Puget-Altus error in Modern Warfare 2?
A: The error may be caused by issues with the player's console, internet connection, or the game's servers.
Q: How can players check the status of the servers for Modern Warfare 2?
A: Players can go to the official Twitter handle of the game or check Downdetector for user reports to check the status of the servers.