Popular MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV was created by Square Enix. The game was initially released in 2010, and since since, it has maintained a sizable fan base. However, FFXIV has a number of glitches and problems, such launcher update failures or inability to perform and a few others, which make it difficult for many players to launch and enjoy the game without interruption.
Recently, a lot of players have been complaining about getting the problem message “Unable to download patch files” in FFXIV. This is a typical mistake that can be resolved with a few easy and speedy fixes.
HOW TO FIX FINAL FANTASY XIV UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD PATCH FILES ERROR
There aren’t many other players also experiencing the “Unable to download patch files” bug in FFXIV, so don’t worry about it. Here, we’ll show you several solutions to this problem.
1. To begin with, see if the problem has been fixed by restarting the game and your gaming system (PC or Console).
2. If that didn’t work, check to see if your internet connection is reliable and in good working order. You could also try once-restarting your modem or network before starting the game.
3. If you are using a computer to play FFXIV, consider starting the game as an administrator. Given this:
- – Exit the Steam client and shut down the game completely.
- – Right-click the desktop’s Steam icon.
- – Click on “Properties,” then select the “Compatibility” tab.
- – Select “Run this software as an administrator” in the pop-up menu.
- – To finish, select “Apply” and “Ok,” then start the game.
4. Attempting to establish Google DNS as 8.8.8 as the primary DNS and 126.96.36.199 as the secondary DNS is one of the best ways to fix the “Unable to download patch files” error in FFXIV. Here’s how to configure Google DNS.
- Press the Guide button on your Xbox to access the following menus: All Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > DNS Settings > Manual > Restart the console after entering the Google DNS addresses 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 in both the primary and secondary columns.
- For a PC, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options, choose the network, and then click the Properties button from the context menu. Then pick Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Toggle Fill out the Google DNS 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 using the following DNS server addresses: Restart the computer.
- Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection on the PlayStation 5 Configure Manually > LAN or Wi-Fi > DNS Settings > Put 22.214.171.124 in the Primary DNS field. Secondary DNS should be 126.96.36.199.
5. The next best course of action, if the error persists, is to turn off your firewall while trying to download the update.
6. In the event that all else fails, try resetting the permission by deleting the “4e9a232b” folder from the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn folder. Visit Documents >> MY Games >> Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn >> Downloads to do this. Patch and remove the stated “4e9a232b” folder. When finished, try downloading the update; the error should now be fixed.
That is all you can do to resolve the Final Fantasy XIV patch files cannot be downloaded issue.
How to fix the “Unable to Download Patch Files” error in Final Fantasy XIV FAQS
Q: What is Final Fantasy XIV?
A: Final Fantasy XIV is a popular MMORPG developed by Square Enix.
Q: When was Final Fantasy XIV released?
A: The game was released back in 2010.
Q: Are there bugs and issues in Final Fantasy XIV?
A: Yes, FFXIV has multiple bugs and issues like launcher update errors or unable to perform and a few others, preventing a lot of players from launching and enjoying the game smoothly.
Q: What error are many players reporting in FFXIV?
A: Many players are reporting that they are receiving an error that reads – “Unable to download patch files” in FFXIV.
Q: How can the "Unable to download patch files" error in FFXIV be fixed?
A: The error can be fixed with some simple and quick workarounds such as restarting the game and platform, ensuring a stable internet connection, launching the game as an administrator, setting Google DNS, disabling the firewall, or resetting the permission by removing the folder called “4e9a232b” in the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn folder.