How To Fix FIFA 23 “application encountered an unrecoverable error”, FIFA 23 Launch Error Resolved – The anticipation among FIFA 23 fans is at an all-time high. Early on in their development, every game has bugs and problems, and FIFA 23 is no different. In the past few days, we have also talked about “How to Fix FIFA 23 Lagging on PC” and “How to Fix FIFA 23 Security Violation Error “Secure Boot is not Enabled on this Machine””. Although we’ll be talking about a brand-new error that prevents the game from starting and is indicated by the message “The application encountered an unrecoverable error.” You have come to the right place if you are experiencing this launch bug and need advice. To find out, keep reading until the very end.
THE APPLICATION ENCOUNTERED AND UNRECOVERABLE ERROR IN FIFA 23 FIX
A player posted about this problem in a forum on answers.ea.com. We can infer that the FIFA 23 development team is addressing this launch issue based on what an EA official Community Manager stated in this thread. Similar to the Security Violation error, this bug will become fully fixed once a fresh patch is released. We have gathered some workarounds from the community until that time comes.
If you want to try to fix this launch error, you can use the previously mentioned methods. We advise carrying them out in the order that we have listed them.
DISABLE OVERLAYS AND THE RIVATUNER
According to one of the solutions posted by a user on the same forum, the error “The Application Encountered and Unrecoverable Error” in FIFA 23 early access was resolved by disabling Rivatuner as well as other overlays like Nvidia Geforce Overlay, Discord Overlay, EA Overlay, or Origin Overlay. If this solution does not help you, move on to the alternative.
REMOVE AND INSTALL THE EA ANTI-CHEAT
Many gamers who were experiencing this game launch message error have reported that, after applying this fix, they are no longer experiencing the problem. It is necessary to first remove before installing the anti-cheat. In essence, you can accomplish this by following the steps we’ve provided below:
- Go to Steamlibrary>steamapps>common>FIFA 23> Installer>EAAntiCheat first.
- The EA Anti-Cheat Installer application file must then be opened.
- The installer window will now show up in your front view. Select “(Installed) FIFA 23” by left-clicking on the arrow next to that drop-down menu.
- After doing that, click Uninstall and wait for the procedure to be completed.
- When you see “Uninstall succeeded,” click instal to begin the reinstallation process.
- Close the window once the installation has been completed successfully.
- FIFA 23 should be restarted to see if the problem has been resolved.
RUN THE GAME AS ADMINISTRATOR
According to some gamers who had the same problem, all it took to fix it for them was to simply quit the game client (the Origin or EA app) from the taskbar tray and restart it as an administrator. Simply right-click the Origin or EA software icon in the system tray to close it. Then, after performing a right-click on the application file, select “Run as Administrator” (for EA or Origin). You should be able to play the game if you try to launch it right away. Try the following strategy if the first one doesn’t work.
Change Windows startup and recovery settings
If none of the solutions above worked, you can try this workaround, which has been circulated among the Steam community. Follow the steps listed below to fix the problem.
- Type sysdm.cpl by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Activate the Advanced tab.
- Select Settings from the Startup and Recovery section.
- Turn off Write Debugging Information
- Restart the computer, then start the game. After some time spent frozen at the title screen, the game will finally start.
- EAAntiCheat.Installer.exe is the location of the EA Anti-Cheat installer file. You can generally find it by searching your computer or in the FIFA 23 installation folder.
- Launch the installer file and choose the uninstall option.
- Open FIFA 23 once more and let the anticheat reinstall after the EA Anti-Cheat has been removed.
- When you try to run the game again, you could receive an error notice; don’t panic; this is normal.
- Restarting the game will instal the update and correct the problem.
The majority of users asserted that reinstalling the game was the only way to resolve the problem. Reinstalling the game is advised if you have tried all the suggested fixes and are still experiencing the issue. This can assist in removing any corrupted settings or files that may be the source of the error.
In order to report a problem with FIFA 23 from EA, you can also click on this link to open the support page.
How To Fix FIFA 23 “application encountered an unrecoverable error” faqs
Q: What is FIFA 23?
A: FIFA 23 is a new football simulation game developed and published by EA Sports.
Q: What is the error message that players are encountering when trying to launch FIFA 23?
A: The error message that players are encountering when trying to launch FIFA 23 is “The application encountered an unrecoverable error.”
Q: What are some potential solutions to fix the launch error in FIFA 23?
A: Potential solutions to fix the launch error in FIFA 23 include disabling Rivatuner and overlays, deleting and reinstalling EA Anti-Cheat, running the game as an administrator, editing Windows Startup and Recovery settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling the EA Anti-Cheat installer.
Q: Is this issue officially acknowledged by EA Sports?
A: Yes, this issue has been acknowledged by EA Sports and they are working on a patch to fix it.
Q: How can I disable Rivatuner and overlays?
A: To disable Rivatuner and overlays, you will need to go into the settings for each overlay and turn them off or close the programs.
Q: How can I delete and reinstall EA Anti-Cheat?
A: To delete and reinstall EA Anti-Cheat, you will need to go to the FIFA 23 installation folder, find the EA Anti-Cheat installer file, run it, and select the option to uninstall it. Then, open FIFA 23 again and let the anti-cheat reinstall.
Q: How can I run the game as an administrator?
A: To run the game as an administrator, you will need to right-click on the game's shortcut or executable file and select "Run as Administrator."
Q: How can I edit Windows Startup and Recovery settings?
A: To edit Windows Startup and Recovery settings, you will need to press Windows Key + R, type sysdm.cpl, go to the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click on Settings, and set Write Debugging Information to None.