Frost Death Knight Deck Guide – One of the three viable deck archetypes for Hearthstone’s newest hero is the Frost Death Knight. This tutorial presents a Triple Frost Rune deck that utilises some of the most important brand-new cards, such as Frostwyrm’s Fury and Overseer Frigidara. It is a 40-card Renathal deck with strong board control and chip damage intended to wear down your opponent over the course of an extended game. As an alternative, you can play really quickly by dealing a tonne of direct damage to your adversary’s skull. Its greatest strength is how adaptable it is.
We will discuss each card in the deck, their placement in the deck, general play suggestions, and mulligan guidance. The majority of these cards are included in Death Knight’s base set.
Triple Frost Death Knight Deck List
Here is a list of every card in this Death Knight deck. It is not very expensive, and making additional Legendaries or cards is not difficult.
|Horn of Winter (x2) Death Knight|
|Bone Breaker (x2) Death Knight||1|
|Icy Touch (x2) Death Knight||1|
|Astalor Bloodsworn (x1) Neutral||2|
|Deathchiller (x2) Death Knight||2|
|Defrost (x2) Death Knight||2|
|Frost Strike (x2) Death Knight||2|
|Harbinger of Winter (x2) Death Knight||2|
|Chillfallen Baron (x2) Death Knight||3|
|Glacial Advance (x2) Death Knight||3|
|Howling Blast (x2) Death Knight||3|
|Nerubian Vizier (x1) Neutral||3|
|Prince Renathal (x1) Neutral||3|
|Rimefang Sword (x2) Death Knight||3|
|Guild Trader (x2) Neutral||4|
|Lady Deathwhisper (x1) Death Knight||4|
|Might of Menethil (x2) Death Knight||4|
|Remorseless Winter (x2) Death Knight||4|
|Thassarian (x1) Death Knight||4|
|Rime Sculptor (x2) Death Knight||5|
|Marrow Manipulator (x2) Death Knight||6|
|Overseer Frigidara (x2) Death Knight||6|
|Frostwyrm’s Fury (x2) Death Knight||7|
Card By Card
This section explains why we chose to include each card in the deck. Let’s get started.
- Refresh two mana crystals with Horn of Winter to be able to pull off combos into various moving elements of the deck, whether it be casting Frostwyrm’s Fury early in the turn or delivering the fatal blow for damage.
- Chip damage from a bone-breaker! Every time you strike a minion, damage is also dealt to the adversary. If the opponent doesn’t play any minions, you can also simply punch them in the face. We like this for early board control.
- Icy Touch – Icy Touch is a control element in the deck that enables you to either deal direct damage to the opponent or freeze their minions.
- Astalor Bloodsworn is a fantastic legendary card used in this deck for Astalor The Flamebringer, which, when played properly, may deliver up to 16 damage directly to the opponent.
- Deathchiller: This deck’s early-game control is strong thanks to Deathchiller, but there may be room for stronger cards in this mix.
- For that spell discovery, possible alternatives are Invincible, the Death Knight legendary, or Venomous Scorpid.
- Defrost: Draw a significant card.
- Frost Strike: Excellent for locating extremely potent Rune cards. can either win or lose the game.
- In order to play Lady Deathwhisper, you should have your Frost spells ready with the aid of Harbinger of Winter.
- Important card draw: Chillfallen Baron.
- Glacial Advance: A superb control card with the side effect of reducing mana cost that could help powerful damage combinations.
- Another effective control card is Howling Blast, which can also be used to attack an opponent directly.
- Nerubian Vizier: If you can position it correctly, this card is fantastic since it aids in the discovery of potent spell cards.
- Prince Renathal is an important card in the 40-card deck.
- When used in end-game combinations, the Rimefang Sword lowers the cost of Frostwyrm before you replicate it.
- Spell damage is excellent for adding more damage, but you may also trade this in to pursue your more valuable cards.
- Lady Deathwhisper: A crucial component of the damage combo for the end game (stack as many Frostwyrms as you can).
- Might of Menethil is a really good control weapon with the ability to attack the adversary directly.
- Remorseless Winter: Can a card draw clear the board? One of Death Knight’s top cards is this one.
- Thassarian – Excellent use of pace.
- Rime Sculptor: This excellent tempo play will certainly deal extra damage right to the enemy.
- Marrow Manipulator: This card has a late-game chance to deal damage.
- Clear the board and select your most crucial Frost spells from the deck, Overseer Frigidara. Essential.
- Frostwyrm’s Fury—Must Have. The damage and control from Frostwyrm’s Fury serve as the centre of gravity for the entire deck.
This deck, which is kind of a hybrid, is quite versatile and can be played either aggressively or slowly. The main goal of the deck is to stack Frostwyrm’s Fury by making use of Lady Deathwhisper’s copying abilities. By doing this, you can deal up to four Frostwyrms, which deals 20 damage and prevents your opponent from attacking for four turns.
Naturally, that doesn’t work in every game because you won’t always draw the right cards. Thanks to its many Frost spells, including Frost Strike and Remorseless Winter, this deck also offers excellent control. This allows you the opportunity to stall out when facing opponents who are playing the long game, such as Blood Death Knight or Quest Priest.
In this deck, face damage—where you hit the opponent directly—is crucial. The margins are frequently extremely thin, as we will discuss in the matches part of the article. A spell’s or a weapon’s extra one, two, or three points of damage can be the deciding factor. As your freezes keep their minions under control, you will frequently prefer to deliver damage directly to the opponent hero instead than to their minions.
Ideally, you want to draw as many cards early on as you can. How you play the mulligan affects that.
- Frost Strike
- Harbinger of Winter
- Potential Keeps:
- Frostwyrm’s Fury
- Lady Deathwhisper
- Marrow Manipulator
- Might of Menethil
- Overseer Frigidara
Matchups frequently come down to very narrow margins because of how adaptable this Frost Death Knight deck is. Here are some of the matches that we’ve already seen.
|Quest Priest||You need to go swiftly against Quest priest. Full face damage is required at all times to successfully combat the hordes of potent minions and spells.|
|Blood Death Knight||While Blood Death Knight decks are still being developed, this Frost Death Knight deck currently performs quite well against Denathrius-focused strategies. Deal a lot of damage to them early on, freeze large minions, and reserve your powerful spells for clearing taunts. The main issue here for your Frost deck is lifesteal.|
|Ramp Druid||This Frost deck, which was well-liked both before and after the Lich King Expansion, performs admirably against the Ramp druid’s spiralling damage. You can end the game before it ever begins by pulling your cards for damage and draw.|
|Aggro and Tempo Decks||The Frost deck definitely excels in this situation. As your minions fall, you’ll be able to gather a number of corpses, take control of the board with your numerous Frost spells, and deal massive damage before being overrun.|