Apex Legends Catalyst Guide – Catalyst abilities in Apex Legends: Catalyst joined Apex Legends and gave the Defensive class a fresh, modern vibe. Her skills and manner of play enable her to both establish her superiority in the heat of battle and guide her group to safety.
She is a tough foe thanks to the combination of her tactical and ultimate abilities with a number of aggressive weaponry. As her enemies hesitate to confront her head-on, Catalyst will have her squad able to rest easy. Knowing Catalyst’s equipment inside and out is essential if you want to use her to the fullest extent possible and help your team win games and claim the title of new champions.
All Catalyst abilities in Apex Legends
With her skills as a Defensive legend, Catalyst can protect her squad from harm and fend off threats, buying her team some time to gather its strength and resume play. Her skills are enjoyable because of their adaptability and quick cooldown times, which enable you fight right away without having to wait for your other abilities to fully charge.
Despite being a Defensive legend, Catalyst lacks the Fortified perk. Her hitbox is average in size, however legends like Caustic or Newcastle have big hitboxes and require the perk to make up for it.
Passive Ability: Barricade | Apex Legends Catalyst Guide
This passive skill of Catalyst is quite helpful if you and your team need to occupy a space inside a structure. If the doors are shattered, Barricade can strengthen the doors and erect a ferrofluid barrier. Furthermore, unless the opponents can defeat you first, other Catalysts won’t be able to remove that barrier.
Two entrances can be strengthened or rebuilt at once with Barricade. A fortified door requires four melee strikes to open, but a ferrobarrier only requires two. The downtime for the reinforcement animation, however, is extremely brief—only four seconds—and it takes four tenths of a second to complete. When your team has advanced to the last ring closings, this ability makes it possible for Catalyst to focus twice as hard on maintaining the door and position.
Tactical Ability: Piercing Spikes | Apex Legends Catalyst Guide
With the use of her tactical ability, Catalyst may spread out patches of ferrofluid on the ground, slowing and harming any foes that step on it. Although you only have two charges, it has a maximum of three active patches and deals 15 damage each second. Except when an opponent is nearby, Catalyst can restore one charge after deactivating one of her patches. Her tactical is an off-hand skill with a 24 second cooldown. This implies that you can use her tactics when you’re healing, reloading, or dealing damage to an opponent.
A luminous orb that may be seen as a player approaches it is in the patch’s centre. The patch vanishes after the orb, which has 300 HP, is destroyed. When aimed at eye level, her tactical can go around 30 metres, but as the trajectory rises, it can travel up to about 70 metres. Funny enough, you can also hurl it while using your aiming down sight (ADS), however you can only do that when you are facing forward.
Ultimate Ability: Dark Veil | Apex Legends Catalyst Guide
Dark Veil, the ultimate ability of Catalyst, is a massive wall of ferrofluid that is 55 metres long and eight metres tall. When an opponent walks through the wall, they slow to a crawl and suffer some visual damage (for seven seconds).
The wall behaves more like a veil than a wall because it doesn’t prevent guns, munitions, or abilities (pun intended). The complete wall takes slightly more than a second to construct, and it takes place for a total of 30 seconds. Catalyst’s ultimate has one of the shorter cooldowns because it takes two minutes to completely charge. As long as neither you nor your squad are scanned before entering the wall, Dark Veil can thwart scans that are employed on the opposing side.
Keep in mind that your teammates can combine their own powers with Catalyst’s to create new abilities. Invite some buddies to join you at the firing range as you experiment with various combinations of Catalyst and other legends to see how well other skills may complement your own.
Ideal Weapon Choice | Apex Legends Catalyst Guide
You’ll discover that Catalyst’s skills work well with mid- to close-range weaponry including Assault Rifles (AR), SMGs, LMGs, Shotguns, and Pistols. You can still pick up a sniper or marksman, but you won’t be fully exploiting Catalyst’s talents.
Having a weapon combination like the R99 SMG and Wingman pistol is a wonderful alternative for getting up close and personal with your opponents. Her tactics, Piercing Spikes, is an effective approach to slow down foes so that your team may rush them. Additionally, it works well for inside battles, especially when combined with her defensive ability, Barricade.
Then there is her ultimate ability, Dark Veil, which will enable you to flank an opposing squad, particularly if you have been exposed. Use an AR like the R301 or Flatline together with a shotgun like the Mastiff or EVA-8 to take advantage of the enormous wall she produces.
The Anvil Receiver (for the R301 or Flatline), Double-Tap Trigger (for the EVA-8), and Skullpiercer Rifling are a few hop-ups that will be useful with these weapons (on the Wingman).
Environmental Versatility | Apex Legends Catalyst Guide
It will be most effective to use Catalyst’s tactical indoors in conjunction with her passive ability to fortify entrances and place it strategically behind doors. Her ultimate, Dark Veil, is more effective in wide open spaces when your squad would need it most. Of course, you could always use it to divide the area in half during an indoor combat, but it doesn’t always work.
Catalyst’s tactical ability can be thrown roughly 70 metres, which is helpful for opponents who believe they are safe at a distance. Catalyst and her crew may have the option to push or take cover if you can convince them to leave their cover or move to a different location. The same is true with Dark Veil, her greatest power. You can move along the 50-meter wall and hide behind cover because the wall rises in portions. It doesn’t literally block anything, but it makes it difficult for your adversaries to see you when you are hiding behind a wall.
Keep in mind that the loot tiers vary depending on the location on the map (Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary). To stay one step ahead of the competition, it’s a good idea to become familiar with the loot levels of various sites of interest (POI).
Tips And Tricks | Apex Legends Catalyst Guide
- Catalyst is impervious to her own powers, and while her tactical still causes a visual reaction, she is unaffected by Piercing Spikes. Additionally, it will only faintly darken your screen when you pass through an opponent’s Dark Veil. It’s recommended to use your talents on the colleagues of the other team rather than another Catalyst when fighting an opposition team.
- The tactics of Catalyst can identify opponents within a ten-meter range. Every time an adversary approaches, an animation is started in which the patch shows more spikes pulsing outward from the centre. When you are unable to see what is on the other side of an object or other obstruction, you can take advantage of this.
- Utilize the mix of Catalyst’s passive and tactical skills. Throw down her tactical either parallel or perpendicular to the door when strengthening it. Her strategy will force an opponent player to seek out another entrance to the structure you are in because it slows and harms an enemy player. The tactical can do its function and keep the orb secure by being thrown down perpendicular (and diagonally) to the door.
- Many players employ the approach of throwing Catalyst’s tactics close to a zip-line, and it works well for surprising your opponents. This is frequently employed when maintaining a position or plundering in a location like the Reverie Lounge (located at the top of Bonsai Plaza), which has zip lines on both sides. When another player emerges, they will immediately use your tactical skill.
- Although it’s a little distinction, the powers of enemy catalysts shine red while yours illuminate blue. This will assist you and your squad identify your rivals.