Current Affairs 19th August 2014
Football Federation Cup 2015 will host by Jammu And Kashmir
On 18th August 2014 All India Football Federation (AIFF) that jammu Kashmir will host the Football Federation Cup 2015 in August month.A part from these annocement Khushal Das who is general secretary of AAFF announced that we need to prepare our boys for upcoming FIFA U-17 World Cup 2015 .In u-15 league 24 to 28 teams will involve or participate.
The federation cup is a annual club level football tournament which was first initiated in the year 1977.The current holders of the Football Federation Cup are Churchill Brothers who defeated Sporting Clube de Goa by 3–1 score in the 2014 final which was held in Kochi.
Roger Federer And Serena Williams Won Cincinnati Tennis Open 2014
Roger Federer the well known world third number tennis player of Switzerland won the Cincinnati Tennis Open 2014.The Cincinnati Tennis Open is also known as Western & Southern Open.Roger defeated David Ferrer of Spain by score of 6-3, 1-6, 6-2.
This is the Roger bagged Cincinnati Tennis Open title sixth time and this is the first master title since 2012 for Roger Federer.Roger Federer became third man as winner of oldest player to win Cincinnati Open and also became the third player in the open era who bagged 80 titles landmark.
Apart from this story , The world famous Serena Williams of United States won the women singles title of the Cincinnati Open 2014. Serena Williams defeated Ana Ivanovic of Serbia by the score of 6-4, 6-1. This was the first Cincinnati open title for legendary Serena Williams.
Union Government of India re-launched Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana
On 14th August 2014 Union Government of India re-launched Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana at Delhi.This Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana will benefited the citizen who are more than 60 yr old.This Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana scheme will be active from 15 August 2014 to 14th August 2014.
The relaunched of Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana scheme will benefits the country half a million people which is administrated by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Benefits And Details About Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana Scheme
- Citizen will get Rs 500 to Rs 5000 per month.
- 60 year and above Citizen will be eligible for this Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana shceme.
- On the death of the citizen the full purchase power will transferred to the nominee.
Others Current Affairs 19th August 2014-Daily Current Affairs Digest
- India refused the take forward step on Foreign Secretary-level bilateral talks with Pakistan.
- For Clean India Campaign TCS and Bharti Foundation announced that they will give 200 crore rupees for this noble cause.
- Switzerland country amended Federal Act on International Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
- Board of Cricket Control India (BCCI) appointed Ravishankar Jayadritha Shastri (Former Indian player Ravi Shastri) as the Director of Indian Cricket Team.
- SC issues a notice to union government of India on a PIL seeking to ban cigarettes and bidis (Tobacco Product) in the country.
- Mahela Jayawardene former captain of Sirlanka cricket team batsman retired from test cricket format.
On 18th August 2014 The President of Athletics Federation of India (AFI) Adille Sumariwala, was appointed as the Chef-de-Mission for Asian Games 2014.He is also the president of Maharashtra Athletics Association.
Incoming search terms – Current Affairs of 19th August 2014 , Current Affairs of 19th August 2014 ,August current affairs 2014 , Current affairs august 2014 ,Current Affairs of 19th August 2014 ,Current Affairs of 19th August 2014 , current affairs 19th august 2014 , current affairs 19th august 2014 , current affairs 19th august 2014 ,august 2014 current affairs .